It’s summer time, the time to carry out renovations to your home. Whether it’s purchasing some high gloss kitchen doors to create a fresh new look to your kitchen’s design or making changes that emphasise your kitchens existing characteristics, we’ve put together five tips on how to add that bright and airy summery feel to your home.
- Get the Most out of Natural Light – Emphasising natural lighting is one of the easiest ways to make your kitchen look bright and airy. To make your kitchen feel brighter try reorganising the furniture so that it does not obstruct your natural lighting. We recommend positioning your dining table where there is the most natural light. You could also add more natural light, for example combining two rooms together. If you are undertaking a big kitchen renovation, you might want to consider knocking down a wall to open up your kitchen. This will increase the amount of natural light in your kitchen and will make your kitchen feel a lot more airy and spacious.
- Refresh Your Cabinets and Kitchen Doors – To update your cabinets and kitchen doors, we suggest adding a touch of paint. Some popular colour trends for kitchen interiors in 2017 include the use of green, blue, white, off white and grey undertones.
- Add a Tile Backsplash – Updating a kitchen backsplash could make your kitchen appear brighter and opting for a glass subway tile is a fantastic way of reflecting and maximising natural light. Alternatively, you could try using boldly patterned tiles, for example, a hexagon tile backsplash would add depth to the layout of your kitchen.
- Incorporate Reflective Surfaces – Adding reflected surfaces to your kitchen can help to maximise light in your kitchen area. You could consider using classic metals such as chrome or stainless steel. Using reflective surfaces in your kitchen can create the illusion of more space in a smaller kitchen.
- Implement Open Shelving – Another significant trend this year is the use of open shelving. Open shelving helps to break up the layout of a kitchen whereas having blocks of large cabinets can make your kitchen feel quite compact. Open shelving has the potential to make the design of your kitchen feel more open. Incorporating open shelves in your kitchen will also make your kitchen utilities readily available. You could also try adding decorative touches such as flowers to your open shelves, this will help to give your kitchen that summery feel.
Are you looking for ways to make your kitchen bright and airy? Call us on 08456 199 199 if you would like advice on updating your kitchen’s design or feel free to visit our showroom if you need help choosing replacement kitchen doors for your summer kitchen layout.